not so much as ...
结构︰not so much as ...
说明︰此句型意为“甚至都不…”。相当于“not even ...”。本<词组>使用时,要置于<助动词>之后,即: cannot so much as 原形<动词>(甚至…都不能),do not so much as 原形<动词>(甚至…都不),have not so much as 过去<分词>(甚至…都没有)。
He cannot so much as write his own name. (=He cannot even write his own name.)
他甚至连自己的名字都不会写。
He did not so much as thank me. 他甚至都没谢我。
He is so stupid that he can’t so much as eat. 他蠢得甚至连吃饭都不会。
When Mary walked in, she didn’t so much as take a glance at me, which angered me.
玛丽进门时,连看我一眼都没有,真令人生气。
the more ..., the more ...
结构︰the 比较级…,the 比较级…
说明︰此句型意为“愈…,就愈…”。若句中的<主词>为一般<名词>,而非<代名词>(he,it,you,they)或<专有名词>(John,Mary),且后面的<动词>为 be <动词>时,该 be <动词>可省略。
The more you soften a request, the more polite it becomes.
你愈使请求柔婉,请求就愈变为客气。
The longer you stay here, the more you will like the place.
你在这里待得愈久,你愈会喜欢这个地方。
The more careful you are, the fewer mistakes you will make.
你愈小心,你犯错就会愈少。
The more I learn, the less I feel I know. 学而后知不足。
The closer you stay to nature, the more you will appreciate her beauty.
你愈接近大自然,就愈能了解它的美。
The more leisure he has, the less he stays at home. 愈是有空,他愈不肯待在家里。
The better the boy (is), the more I like him. 这男孩愈好我愈喜欢他。
The colder the weather (is), the more comfortable my life (will be).
天气愈冷,我的生活就愈舒服。